Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2013

New Lockheed SR-72 Aircraft Is a Sight to Behold

The SR-71 Blackbird Inspired a Generation, Can The SR-72 Do The Same?


The SR-71 was one of the defining aircraft of my childhood. Flying was always just about the coolest thing you could do. I mean there was only a few options as to what you might do when you grow up, at least when I was a kid. You could become an astronaut, a fireman or a pilot. What was the point of anything else? And the crown jewel of our childhood pilot dreams was to pilot an SR-71 Blackbird. I know I'm not alone in entertaining these daydreams. Just about everybody my age that I've ever talked to about the SR-71 gets a big smile when I mention it. I wonder how many pilots were created because of that initial excitement caused by the SR-71.

Well, now Lockheed Martin has unveiled the successor to the crown of Coolest Plane Ever. And all I can say is that I hope this younger generation of future pilots falls in love with the SR-72 just like we did it's older brother.

That simple goal shouldn't be hard because not only is it one of the coolest looking planes you've ever seen, but it's also twice as fast as the 71. A lot has changed since the initial plane launched. The initial plane had a moveable nose cone and special vents that allowed it to fly at mach 3, but this new plane has basically reinvented the turbine engine in order to achieve hypersonic speeds in the mach 6 range.

The Pilots of Tomorrow Are The Dreamers of Today


The fact of the matter is that only a select few pilots in the world will ever get to fly this marvel of design and technology, but that won't stop a generation of kids from dreaming about it.

The future pilots of the world are choosing to get into flying at just the right time too. With a looming pilot shortage reshaping the entire aviation industry, there's more demand for qualified pilots than ever. Call Upper Limit Aviation at 1-855-HELIEDU to learn more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate